Trial Set up Requirements
During the installing this McAfee Activate endpoint suite, the Endpoint Encryption for PC client and associated management documents were checked into the McAfee ePO server. A deployment job was created for you as well automatically. Remember that after deployment of Endpoint Encryption, a reboot is necessary.
- Register your Dynamic Directory server
- Set Home windows authorization in McAfee ePO
- Modify policies
- Test for successful deployment and encryption with an endpoint
- Consider additional requirements for pre-boot network stack
Before you begin
- Notice the hostname or IP address of an Active Directory website Area Controller / AD Server
- Consider interesting McAfee Com Activate professional services to assist with your production installation
Disclaimer 1: This process should only be done in a test environment. McAfee does not recommend testing full disk encryption software in a production environment.
Configure EEPC Product Settings Policy
This policy controls the behavior of the EEPC agent. It contains things like the policy for enabling encryption, enabling automatic booting, and controlling the theme for the pre-boot environment. In McAfee ePO go to Menu | Policy | Plan Catalog. Then choose Endpoint Encryption from the Product drop-down list. Then choose Product Settings from the Category drop-down list. Locate the My Default plan and click Edit Configurations.
- Click Menu → Systems → System Tree → Systems, select a group from theSystem Tree then.
- Select an operational system, then click Activities → Agent → Modify Plans about the same System.
- From the Product drop-down list, select Drive Encryption 7.2. The policy categories under Drive Encryption are shown with the system’s assigned plan.
- Choose the Product Establishing policy category, click Edit Assignments then.
- If the plan is inherited, select Break inheritance and assign the configurations and policy below next to Inherit from.
- In the Assigned plan drop-down list, decide on a product setting policy.
- Out of this location, you can edit the selected plan, or create a fresh policy.
- Choose whether to lock plan inheritance. Any systems that inherit this policy can’t have a different one assigned in its place.
- On the overall tab, deselect Enable plan.
- Be aware: On Opal systems, ensure that you select the right encryption company and collection the priority, as appropriate, so that the policy enforcement properly occurs.
- Click Save on the Policy Settings page, click Save well on the merchandise Settings web page then.
- Send a realtor wake-up call.
Be aware: On disabling the merchandise setting plan, all the encrypted drives are decrypted, and the Drive Encryption position becomes Inactive. This can take a few hours with respect to the true number and size of the encrypted drives. However, customer systems with Opal drives swiftly become Inactive very And for info :mcafee.com/activate